Friday, March 7, 2008

Po & the Giant Tree

This picture was taken in July of 2006. After Aunt Rong-Kuei and Uncle Shuan-Wei finished with their stay in Pittsburg, they came over to California to see us in Huntington Beach, and took Po & ma on a road trip to Northern Cal.

Look how happy Po was, standing in front of the giant tree, posing as she embraced the world. Her petite frame is especially contrasted with the vastness of the tree.

Po always amazed me with her strength. For such a tiny lady, her mental strength is like this giant tree in the picture. She had been through so much, yet she rarely talked about her hard times during the war. Her optimism inspires me. I think this is where my optimism comes from!

A friend of mine offer these words of comfort to me after she learned of Po's sudden passing: Our loved ones never really leave us, because they have already become part of us through things they did to our lives, and they live on through us. =)

- Merlee

No comments: