Friday, March 21, 2008

Aloha Po
















I remembered the first time I went to Magic Mountain, Po was with me. By the time we got close to the seats of the roller coaster, I started to become very afraid that I wanted to leave the line. In fact, I think I cried because I thought the roller coaster looked too scary. But Po told me it was OK. She said she'd go on the roller coaster ride with me if that made me feel safer. In the end, we did go, and I think while I was screaming, I didn't hear a peep from Po.

Years passed since this incident happened, and Po would teased me, "Remember the time when you were afraid to get on the roller coaster ride?" This story reminded me how Po was there for me, even in the slightest way possible, to protect me, and to let me know things would be OK. I don't know how Po did it, but she was in her 60's, yet she was still able to rise to new heights (literally!). I think that's how she kept herself young, by continuous learning and accepting new things.

In 2005, while planning our anniversary trip, Greg & I thought it'd be fun to bring Ma & Po along to Hawaii, since both of them have never been. We all had a great time! I think Po especially enjoyed learning about the Polynesian natives.

It was too bad that Po couldn't join us on our 2006 trip to China - by that time she said she couldn't walk as much as she used to because the pounding of her heart made her long strides quite unbearable. But Po loved the pictures we took!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

婆的大膽,是我和小姨爹都不及的!尤其是坐雲霄飛車,連小姨爹都不敢坐呢!婆的一舉一動,留給我們無限的懷念.